In this category, the standards address all aspects related to human resources management, namely the following three areas: promoting a positive and equitable work environment, hiring, engagement and retention of staff, and managing volunteers and students. Listed below are the various standards within the main areas of Human Resources. For a more in-depth overview of this category, we encourage you to listen to the short video located in the right hand corner of this page.
- Our organization promotes a positive, equitable and safe work environment.
- Our organization promotes a positive staff relations climate.
- Our organization has a collegial working relationship with the union, if applicable.
Hiring, Deployment, Engagement & Retention
- Hiring practices are inclusive, transparent and effective.
- Our organization has a clear, fair, and effective performance management system.
- As an organization that values ongoing learning, we have strategies and resources for staff orientation, training & professional development.
- Our organization actively encourages staff engagement and innovation.
Managing Volunteers & Students
- Our organization has an effective volunteer and student management system that addresses both our needs and those of our volunteers and students, if relevant.